As a foundation to our key program areas, POS is dedicated to sharing information on Global Climate Change and Peak Oil Research. We provide educational materials and resources for building sustainable communities that strive to effectively transition into a post oil society.
Post Oil Education
Global Warming/ Energy Depletion Email Update
Periodic emails go out to the listserve that share articles from mainstream media sources that are often overlooked. Its a grea way to receive a digest of major news that isn’t being treated as major by the mainstream media.
email email@example.com to be added to the list!
Public Forums, Speakers, and Workshops
We aim to bring community members together to learn about and participate in discussions around issues facing us. Speakers, films, and experts both local and visiting contribute richness to our continues dialogue around building sustainable communities.
visit our calendar and stay tuned for upcoming events
Post Oil Solutions Lending Library
The following is a list of films POS recommends and has available for lending. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for lending procedures.
Also, we like to keep this list current so if you have recommendations, please let us know!
- The End of Suburbia
- Escape from Suburbia
- Peak Oil: Imposed by Nature
- The Power of Community: How Cuba Survived Peak Oil
- Crude Impact
- Crude Awakening: The Oil Crash
- What a Way to Go: Life at the End of Empire
- Richard Heinberg talk @ Plymouth State University
- Richard Heinberg Peak Oil: How it Will Change Your Life
- Richard Heinberg 23 April 08 talk @ BUHS
- Out of Balance: ExxonMobil’s Impact on Climate Change
- The Myths of Biofuels